Important to know
In 2021, the federal state is earmarking EUR 2.5 million exclusively to fund battery storage systems. Many applications have already been submitted, and the funding could therefore be fully allocated by the end of February 2021.
Name of programme:
Klimaschutz für Bürgerinnen und Bürger [Climate protection for the public]
What does it fund?
- Applications can only be made for a battery storage system. Energy production systems are not eligible for funding.
- A prerequisite for the funding is that the battery storage system must be linked to an energy production system based on renewable energies.
- The installed capacity of the decentralised energy production system must be at least 3 kW/kWp and must not exceed 30 kW/kWp.
Who does it fund?
- Private individuals
- Small companies and micro-enterprises
- Funding conditions, amount of funding:
- EUR 400 per kWh of storage capacity
- The funding limit for the storage system is EUR 2,000
- Up to EUR 200 is granted for the costs of installing and/or connecting the battery storage system, up to a maximum of 50% of grant-eligible costs.
Duration of programme:
The funding scheme for battery storage systems has been available since 18 January 2021.
The funding application must be submitted before applicants can start their project.
Contact and further information: