Name of programme:
Stromspeicher mit/ohne Ladeinfrastruktur für Elektrofahrzeuge (Storage system with/without electric vehicle charging infrastructure)
Aim/purpose of funding:
The programme funds storage systems, including local storage systems, and retrofit kits, as well as combinations of these with electric vehicle charging infrastructures.
What battery storage systems are funded?
- Conventional storage systems (lead-acid or lithium-ion) without charging station
- Conventional storage systems (lead-acid or lithium-ion) with charging station
- Pilot projects (i.e. storage systems not based on lead-acid or lithium-ion technology) without charging station
- Pilot projects (i.e. storage systems not based on lead-acid or lithium-ion technology) with charging station
Funding conditions, amount of funding:
- The storage system must be permanently coupled with a PV installation and the public utility grid, and have a usable capacity of at least 2.0 kWh.
- PV installations connected to the storage system are subject to a special funding requirement: their power output at the grid connection must be max. 50% (STC – standard test conditions).
- The charging points for the charging station must be linked to the storage system and have a charging power of at least 4.0 kW per AC charging point, or at least 10.0 kW per DC charging point.
- In pilot projects, applicants are under obligation to take part in data monitoring.
- Conventional storage systems: A basic amount of EUR 1,000 is paid; for each further kWh of usable capacity there is a payment of EUR 200 (benefit amount), with the highest level of funding being EUR 40,000.
- Pilot projects: Up to 50% of eligible grants, max. EUR 50,000.
- Charging station grant: EUR 400 per AC charging point; EUR 1,500 per DC charging point
- Application and approval: Sächsische Aufbaubank-Förderbank (SAB). (https://www.sab.sachsen.de/förderprogramme/sie-möchten-ein-unternehmen-gründen-oder-in-ihr-unternehmen-investieren/stromspeicher-mit-ohne-ladestation.jsp#program_conditions). The application must be submitted before the start of the project, construction can only begin after funding has been approved.
Duration of programme, budget:
Applications for the Storage Directive can no longer be submitted as of 23 September 2020. Subject to available budget funds, funding will be continued in the second quarter of 2021 with revised funding conditions.
Contact or for further information:
Keyword: “Stromspeicher” (Storage system)